Sunday, May 3, 2009


If you've ever heard me describe our house, I always tell you about my favorite feature of our house "The Bog". Ok it's a Federally Protected Wetland, but bog sound so much cooler. I love to look out and see all the wildlife from our screened in porch, but within these past 2 years I have acquired a little nemesis ~ Bucky the Beaver. He built a 35-40 ft long beaver dam directly behind our house which has started flooding my yard (the waterline is usually behind those trees!!). Yes, I was so excited about the novelty of having beavers in our backyard but when the flooding came the excitement faded. It's war! As you can see in the video, it is pouring rain and I am hard at work on the dam. After doing some research on the internet, I think I have found a way for Bucky and the Horne Family to live peacefully in Monrovia. I just have to construct a little system to keep the water flowing. Stay tuned..............

Posted by Picasa


1 comments:

AUPeacock said...

That is cracking me UP!!!!!!!!!
Beaver 1
Hornes 0